TV's golden girl, Cheryl Cole was yesterday placed in a very embarrassing situation when she mistakenly ate a small piece of dogshit thinking it was a truffle.
Girls Aloud's pop princess had been attending a fund-raining event at Battersea Dogs Home in London. Once she had finished her tour, Cole made her way to the staff canteen for a photo opportunity with all the workers there. She praised them for their commitment, loyalty and kindness. Her manner was, as many witnesses expressed, almost like a royal princess.
"Cheryl looked beautiful - almost royal", explained Dogs Home manager Roger McHunt
"She had just been given a cup of tea and was admiring the selection of 'truffles'. Only thing is, they weren't truffles..."
But this was when the nightmare started. Things turned from 'royal' to 'wretched' in a flash. McHunt then explained how a vet has inadvertently left a tray of stool samples in the canteen - a frightful error that left the home very embarrassed, and Cole smelling like she'd French-kissed a tramps arsehole.