British Man Victim Of "Triple E" Weapon

Funny story written by Mister Meaner

Monday, 8 October 2007

image for British Man Victim Of "Triple E" Weapon
The bug created to carry Triple E

A British man is in hospital in Edinburgh after contracting a deadly US military virus whilst on holiday in the US earlier this year.

The man, from Scotland, is thought to have become infected with the "Triple E" bug when he was bitten by a mosquito-like insect in New Hampshire in the summer.

Triple E, or Eastern Equine Encephalitis, is rumoured to be the result of years of secret testing by the US military at a scientific development base in Maine. It has flu-like symptoms, and can cause inflammation of the brain, coma and death. The mortality rate of sufferers is 35%.

Until now, the virus has been contained within sealed laboratory conditions. Now, however, officials have been forced to admit that "one or two" insects may have escaped from the base, and may have begun infecting members of the public.

Health officials have said there is nothing for residents of New Hampshire, Maine or anywhere else in the US to worry about.

Professor Richard Jenkins, a specialist in genetic weaponry, said:

"These insects cannot survive outside the lab for more than five or six months."

The funny story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

Comedy spoof news topics

Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!

Go to top
readers are online right now!
Globey, The Spoof's mascot

We use cookies to give you the best experience, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more