Alex Poots (real name!) loves his adpoted new home city. Being a Macunian is a dream come true according to the former Edinborovian.
Poots, not shy to toot the horn of his new metropolis sometimes seems awfully close to being a resident Hyperbolia. Poots claims that Manchester has innumerable claims to fame:
- Marx met Engels in Madchester at The Hacienda (Engels being the little known fifth Marx brother)
- Royce first met Rolls here and so didn't Monty meet Python!
- Noah was an ancient Macunian!
- Al Gore invented the internet on a rare rainy Manchester afternoon and the computer was first plugged in here.
- The Industrial revolution's first oppressed workers were Macunians and Manchester has the oldest British Library and England's lowest literacy rate.
- Poots mourns only Manchester's lack of a decent football team but praised its low real estate prices.
Manchester's new brand signifier is: It's Madchester. Full Stop. Original. Full Stop. Modern. Full Stop. Stay a while and help build the Ark!