Well, here’s a sad tale about a South African chimpanzee named Charlie who had a really bad smoking habit. He started smoking when visitors to the zoo threw him lit cigarettes. Zoo officials even had been trying to get Charlie to kick this habit, but due to his connections within the zoo amongst the animals and the keepers, it was nearly impossible.
Charlie’s vet stated that he was on some serious medications and was always in and out of his office receiving treatments. He was put on a special diet including protein shakes, vitamins, and other supplements. Zookeepers finally decided to send Charlie to rehab after he was seen stealing smokes from anyone and constantly rummaging through people’s pockets.
Unfortunately, Charlie finally did die. His vet stated that he did live 10 years longer than most chimpanzees and they performed an autopsy on this wild animal. The following day the results concluded that Charlie did indeed die from the steamrolling accident.