Fan support through an aggressive e-mail and letter writing campaign have caused CBS to back off and stop cancellation of the low rated Jericho series. As soon as all actors are re-signed and scripts are written, new episodes are scheduled to begin filming.
This is not the first time that fan reaction has saved a television show. The same thing happened with both the original Star Trek series and Cagney and Lacey.
Even though Jericho, a post apocalyptic series set in middle America, will be back on the air, some changes will be made. Said network executive Hamilton Dawson, "the show did have low ratings, so we are going to have to tweak it some."
Some of the changes will include:
- A busload of busty cheerleaders from California who are escaping a cloud of nuclear radiation will be added to the cast.
- Lethal gamma rays from the fallout will make all males in the show appear to be in their mid twenties and they will disdain shirts as it burns to wear them.
- Talking puppets from outer space will be added to the cast as comic relief.
- Horses will become a big part of transportation for the women as they will be seen riding them often through fields to slow music. Bouncy hair and other body parts will help convey a mood in these shots.
- Larry the Cable Guy will join the show as Uncle Buck, everyone's favorite crazy relative.
- Effects of the radiation will cause some cast members to develop super powers and, in an early sub-plot, they will attempt to save the busload of cheerleaders weekly