Goats start fire in Iowa

Funny story written by Exislanda

Wednesday, 14 January 2009

image for Goats start fire in Iowa
Billy denies responsiblity.

NORWALK, Iowa - A group of goats may have started a fire that destroyed a home in central Iowa, firefighters said.

The fire broke out early Tuesday near Norwalk. Three people in the house escaped unharmed.

John Hadley said, "My cat woke me up by pissing on my face. I hurled it out the window, but then I saw smoke coming from the ceiling." Hadley then woke up his drunken mother and companion and got them out of the house.

"The fire may have been started by some goats kept in a shed attached to the rear of the house," Assistant Northern Warren County Fire Chief Kevin Dingman said. "According to Mr Hadley, they were always messing about with matches."

He said duvets were kept in the shed to keep the goats warm, and the goats may have set light to one, thus starting the fire.

The goats and a family dog were rescued, but the cat was still missing.

The funny story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

Comedy spoof news topics

Related Funny Stories…

Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!

Go to top
readers are online right now!
Globey, The Spoof's mascot

We use cookies to give you the best experience, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more