Monday 30th July 2012
* Hurray... some sleep last night, great!
* Remembered I'd forgot something for last Saturday's Senior Moments diary:
When I went to catch the bus back from Bulwell, I again tried to use me bank card by mistake for me bus pass! Then, got seated, got the crossword book out and failed to find any answers... then the driver told us all that the bus would not start, and could we all pile into the bus at the rear.
The knees, as they do when I settle, had stiffened, and I was last off the bus and into the bus behind. Where I got seated, got the crossword book out and failed to find any answers...
Then the driver of that bus told us the driver of the bus in front had got it started, and could we all get back into that bus, the knees, as they do when I settle, had stiffened, and I was last off the bus, and as I drew level with the bus in front, it drove off!
As I hobbled back to the bus that was behind, that too drove off!
You couldn't make this up you know, but it's all normal and everyday stuff for me.
* I went up to the WC, finding I'd once more left the water heater on all night.
* Went over to see Stew and Margaret - both in fine fettle.
*Walked into town, plenty of folk about for a Monday. Then caught bus to Bulwell, got goulash, ragout, and some snack beef bits. (Very nice, and cheap too)
Tuesday 31st July 2012
* Pickling down with rain this morning - but I had a few hours kip, so that was good.
* Did the diaries I made last night, and got ready for walk to QMC. Got brolly up, and set off - only to find the shoes were both leaking, ignored this as best I could and squelched on, arriving to find only one person in front of me, in and out like a shot!
* Had to wait a while for the bus pass to come into validity at 0930hrs, then rode to city centre, and caught bus back to home.
* Called in to see Margaret and Stewart, but they were busy, told me to call back later.
* Popped home and sorted out some things that my mate Trevor (yes. I've got one!) needed, in Dorset, searched around and found a stamp and envelope, and walked to letter box and posted it.
* Called in again to see Margaret and Stewart, they were just finishing a letter, and I said I'd post it for them, then walked to letter box and posted it. Called back to see them, Stewart was a little deep, so I left them, telling them both I'd call to see Stewart tomorrow, and Margaret on Thursday.
* Popped home to do this blog update, the have something to eat.
* Fell asleep.
* Woke up after an hour and a half - feeling overjoyed... I'd not left anything on the stove, the heater on, the door open, or the tap running!
Brought back down to earth when I made a cuppa, opened a new milk carton, poured some in me cup, and keeping the carton-cap in me hand, threw the milk into the rubbish bin!
* First of August tomorrow, and I'm going shopping to get some food in celebration!
Wednesday 1st August 2012
*Great this morning... got some sleep, ailments not too bad at all.
* On the way out to go to Morrison's I popped over to see how Stewart was, but he was not up yet.
* Arrived at Morrison's around 1030hrs, met Sister and Brother in law there, who said they'd give me a lift home with the heavy goods I was about to buy!
* Spent a fortune, Brother in law ran sister home with their food, then called to drop off something at another house, then dropped me off at home. Much appreciated.
Thursday 2nd August 2012
* Not much sleep, but ailments not bad again, especially the knees seem easier.
* Did diaries for the day.
* Abluted, medicated, and called at Margaret and Stew, both seemed okay.
* Walked to city, then caught bus to QMC. Fondled by nurses and female doctor. Test results due in a week.
* Got some cheapo bikkies for Margaret and haematology nurses on way home.
Friday 3rd August 2012
* No Senior Moments to report today, unless of course, one has occurred that had taken affect at a later time, that my limited observational and memory cells had missed, by which time I would have become aware of it s happening in which case it may be recorded elsewhere in this log, if I remember it. (I think)*
Saturday 4th August 2012
* Health good, abluted and went over to see Stew and Margaret, took nosh for Margaret, Turkey Ragout pots and garden peas, both okay.
* No walking today, back to the hovel and on the laptop all day (more or less).
* Bit down for some reason.
Sunday 5th August 2012
* * No Senior Moments to report today, unless of course, one has occurred that had taken affect at a later time, that my limited observational and memory cells had missed, by which time I would have become aware of it s happening in which case it may be recorded elsewhere in this log, if I remember it. (I think)*