Tempus Magazine announced today that United States President Elect Barack Obama is their Person of the Year for 2008. Until recently, the award was known as Man of the Year. This however, was changed to be politically correct.
This year marks the first time that a person born in Kenya has won the award. Previous winners have included Presidents, Hollywood personalities, International political and religious figures, and the computer.
Man on the street interviews conducted in Nairobi, however, found little excitement.
When asked what they thought of native son Barack Obama winning the award, answers ranged from:
- What's a Barack Obama?
- What's Tempus Magazine?
- Did Hillary let him win this one?
- Do you have any money?
- Had I been asked, I would have chosen Henman, the internationally famous poet laureate of Africa, for the award.
Answers from people in the Los Angeles suburb of Watts were not much different. People in this mostly Black community responded with:
- What's a Tempus Magazine?
- Do Hillary know he gone off and won that shit? She gonna be pissed again and Bill gonna catch hell.
- Give me your wallet and your car keys if you want to live.
- I thought he already won President last month.
- Do that magazine have pictures of nekkid white women?