Written by Monkey Woods

Tuesday, 12 June 2018

image for Staple Found In Chocolate Bun
Some chocolate with a crow bar sticking out of it

A man in Battambang who was enjoying a cup of tea after his evening meal last night was shocked to find that the bun that he was eating along with his brew contained a foreign body - a staple.

Moys Kenwood, 54, was halfway through the chocolate bun when he felt a jolt, and experienced what he could only describe as "a grating sound" as his teeth tried to get to grips with the stationery consumable.

Having realised he had bitten off something he couldn't chew, the Englishman spat out the cud onto his plate, and carefully examined it for 'the thing that shouldn't be there'. On locating it, he was able to deduce what had happened. Kenwood:

"The six buns come in a clear, sturdy, plastic cake bag, which is folded over several times to prevent air from entering, and then sealed at the top with three staples. I suspect that, somewhere in the production process, a stray staple has come into contact with the bun mix, and become part of the bun."

After isolating the staple, and sealing it in a tiny forensic-style airseal bag, Kenwood returned to the place of purchase to confront the seller, and to demand an apology, but was told, in so many words, to go away.

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

Topics: Health, Food




Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!

Go to top
46 readers are online right now!
Globey, The Spoof's mascot

We use cookies to give you the best experience, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more