Eating food that hasn't been prepared properly can often result in a variety of bacteria-based problems, and it was exactly this that was the case for one man's 'friend' in the Cambodian second city of Battambang this week, when the friend was diagnosed with a rather nasty case of worms.
Moys Kenwood, 56, reported that 'his friend' had told him that he had eaten some 'dodgy pork' which may have had an adverse effect on his intestines, and, subsequently, his bum-bum.
Wriggly little worms, twisting this way and that, inside 'the friend's' anus, agonizingly just out of reach of his probing fingers was the result. Several nights were spent in this manner before remedial action was taken, in the form of medicine.
'The friend' wasn't sure if the parasites were tapeworms, threadworms, hookworms or pinworms, but, he said:
"they were as itchy as fuck, and as determined as squatters".
According to latest reports, the invaders have either been exterminated and shat out, or else have retreated to the safe haven of 'the friend's' intestines, from where they will, no doubt, make another anal incursion at some point in the near future.