The Bartholomew Utterswaithe commitments in aid of his efforts to assist in his withdrawal symptoms from Web Addiction:
I will have a cup of coffee/tea in the morning and read my paper-newspaper like I used to, before the Web!
I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing!
I will get dressed sometime before noon!
I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Web!
5) I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Web-deprived!
6) I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Web!
7) I will read a book... if I still remember how!
8) I will listen to those around me about their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Web!
9) I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email!
10) I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not!
11) I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Web!
12) I will try to respond to the signs of my bodies requirements to rid itself of urine and excrement in a more timely fashion!
13) I will not blame my finger-cramps on the weather!
14) Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime... and the Web will always be there tomorrow!