Las Vegas, Nevada - Just when we thought we had "smoothed things over" with the Almighty, some dingle berry sets His house on fire.
A fireworks display in Las Vegas, Nevada, reported to be the largest in the world, went completely crazy during a July 4th celebration and exploded out of control into the stratosphere igniting the heavens.
The casino, the tallest on the strip, has taken full responsibility for the incident and issued an apology to the Lord.
Witnesses say that angel feathers rained down, covering the whole city, like there had been a heavenly pillow fight. No angels were killed in the incident and those injured, were healed quickly by the Lord.
A spokesperson for the Almighty said that what really ticks Him off is the fact that he recently had the whole place re-carpeted.
"Now everything is covered in this gray soot."
A temporary home will be set up at Disney World during the reconstruction of heaven. The former inhabitants of heaven are looking forward to having the place to themselves, and not having to wait in line for the rides.
The Lord, in a press release has stated that "all is forgiven" and that no old-testament type retaliation is planned.
"Next time, aim that shit down. Those bad boys are used to fire."