A leaked personal letter from the Home Office Minister Theresa May to David Cameron has been made public by the 'Daily Telegraph'.
In the letter the Minister advises the Prime Minister that the cuts being envisaged in the forthcoming spending review will have a profound and damaging effect on her Department.
The list of proposed cuts is startling:
1. The salaries of Judges will be halved
2. All speed cameras will be destroyed
3. Police cars will be reduced in number so that road accidents are reduced and money is saved
4. Her staff at the Home Office will be reduced by 40% meaning ministers will sometimes have to make their own tea
5. Prisoners will be released with passports to Pakistan so they can help with the relief there.
These are just some of the frightening proposals of the austerity package and they are likely to go through unless George Osborne can be made to see sense.
Theresa May's final warning goes to heart of the problem: To make Minister's responsible for making there own tea is bound to lead to resignations from the shadow Cabinet.
David Cameron and Nick Clegg are meeting George Osborne to ask him whether these cuts are really helpful. It is rumoured that Cameron will claim Osborne always had his fags make his tea at school and he had servants at University who never allowed him to make his own tea.
Nick Clegg has warned that the Coalition could fall apart over the Tea issue. 'We shall be the laughing stock of our Tea Party friends in America if this proposal over tea goes through' he warned.