Funny story written by walter

Saturday, 19 December 2009

In management textbooks, Frederick W. Taylor is refereed to as the founder of modern scientific management, despite the fact that many ancient countries like Egypt, China, Greeks, Rome, etc. were familiar with the concepts of management. For instance, Taylor refers to 'Unity of command', while, in many languages, we find sayings to the same effect, such as 'two captains sink the ship'; 'too many cooks spoil the broth'.

However, about 30 years ago, someone came up with a revolutionary public administration policy: 'discard the rotten time-worn ideas of the past. Cook up something novel'.

What these new theoreticians needed was an ancient nation. Next, they needed to drench the land with blood. Those who were shot to death were people who followed the same old principles of the original creator, i.e. law and order, but the new founders needed chaos or rather a breeding ground for a practical new world, illustrated by Aldous L. Huxley in his famous novel 'Brave New World', BNW .

The new BNW, still in infancy, came into existence after a viciously orchestrated coup d'etat. As soon as the targeted state fell, the organizers opened the gates of the criminal prisons of the state. The newly released criminal force in no time destroyed the entire police stations and established their own police force! Soon, recruitment began and the hordes of other at large criminals joined the friendly employers.

Well, the secret service organizers had told the new ruling criminals to either stay in power or go back to the prisons or gallows where they belonged. They stayed in power and put their hands on the entire land resources, the treasury and what not.

In proletarian regimes, like former USSR or present China, only a 10-15 percent of Marxist-Leninist-Maoists are in charge. They have been able to harness the remaining good for nothing 85% of the people who, as George Orwell put it in his book '1984' 'The proletarians will never revolt, not in a thousand years or a million'. Having said that, to be impartial, for instance, in case of China, we may honestly admit that they have accomplished some admirable achievements in industry, not counting human rights violations. Another similar ideology is Mafia type organizations who have also demonstrated an efficient management.

The new BNW, yet to be tested, does not believe in any traditions, any time-worn institutions, including standard religions except, of course, their newly invented cult.

Anyway, this New Global Public Administration Theory, run by the rogues, operates upside down. Nothing is predictable. It is not flipping the coin or relying on the law of probability. The unexpected result is absolutely unpredictable which boggles the mind: old two-bit whores become moral teachers; thieves, minister of welfare; burglars, chief justices; the ugliest, beauty queens; the sodomites, marriage counselors; …
(Note: please, read Devils on the march Part I-VII here, posted on 16 Jan. 09.)

The funny story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

Comedy spoof news topics
Go to top
readers are online right now!
Globey, The Spoof's mascot

We use cookies to give you the best experience, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more