Exploding E-Cig Kills Man On London Underground

Written by XRhonda Speaks

Friday, 20 May 2016

image for Exploding E-Cig Kills Man On London Underground
Max Scholder died on the London Underground when his e-cigarette exploded and ignited intestinal gas.

59 year old Max Scholder died celebrating his birthday after his e-cig exploded in his pocket then ignited a gas explosion.

Leila Scholder, wife of the deceased, talked to this reporter about what happened.

"We were going home on the Underground when there was a loud pop in his coat pocket. Max jumps up and there is this fire all around his bottom. Poor Max, I think he was holding one back, we just had breakfast and a beer at the Chiltern Firehouse to celebrate his birthday."

Forensic Medical Examiner William Hall said his conclusions concur with the description of the incident by the widow.

"The lithium battery in Mr. Scholder's vapor pen exploded, the surprise of which caused a release of intestinal gas, which was then ignited by the still burning battery. The victim died of internal and external burns."

The accident underscores the danger of e-cigs and vapor pens when incorrect batteries or chargers are used on the popular devices. One young man recently had a hole blown in his tongue when his vape pen exploded in his mouth.

Ironically Mrs. Scholder was instrumental in her husband switching to an e-cig. She said, "I begged him to quit for his health, and so he quit smoking for me and went on the e-cig, I just feel terrible now."

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

Spoof news topics

Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!

Go to top
readers are online right now!
Globey, The Spoof's mascot

We use cookies to give you the best experience, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more