Changing of the Guards

Funny story written by walter

Friday, 28 March 2014

Every day, people, just like buffalo herds in Africa, intently watch a despicable sight: a woman being attacked by a number of masked assailants, here; there, a weak buffalo or calf by a single lion. The masked men vigorously pull away the shoulder-strap purse of a woman, leaving home for shopping or other businesses, with impunity, in public thoroughfares. The more heinous spectacle is the ever-increasing number of bystanders indulging the scene, exactly like hundreds of mighty buffaloes in Africa watching a buffalo being devoured.

The woman helplessly screams; the assailants forcefully pull away the bag; the female is knocked down, but reflexively gripping on her purse. After dragging the victim on the tarmac and her body spinning round and round for quite a distance, the strap finally gives in and snaps, purse released and the unconscious wounded woman left unattended on the curb, bleeding, while some buffalo-type spectators are taking memorable photos of the scene. Assailants get on their motorbike, with the purse, and speed away. Some victims die of brain hemorrhage; many remain crippled for life; some recover injuries and bone fractures but remain traumatized for life.

Who is in charge? Good questions: ex cons turned policemen.

The said society has a long history of suffering at the hands of the same gangs; yesterday's bandits; today's men of law, of course, their own Orwellian laws. Many have stood up against the invading bandits in vain; many have died, but the vicious criminals have always been the victors.

As we know, it takes only 6% of any society, if determined, to enslave the remaining 94%, comprised of dough-men, dough-men, blacksmiths, worthless eaters, womanizers, addicts, alcoholics, shopkeepers, thieves, drug traffickers, etc, including all the so-called literate people, poets, (house) painters, writers, bloggers, etc.

Of course, the 94% forms a powerful force as devastating as buffalos, tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. But seldom have they overthrown ruling invaders of their time. They have always been the bystanders.

The fact is when a criminal bandit becomes a public official, the bandit is faced with the same old challenges: newly-hatched criminals and bandits cut from the same old cloth as themselves. Perhaps, one might suggest 'Set a thief to catch the thief' is a good idea, but it doesn't exactly apply here. Since all the thieves and bandits of the past have joined the active police force, theoretically, there must be no more criminals. False! Crimes are sociological or psychological. The veteran criminals arrest the newly-hatched offenders, but their numbers are astronomically on the rise, and hanging 50 criminals per day can not deter them from committing crimes: as would-be criminals reason that death seen on the gallows is not as terrible as thought; it is quick and preferable to long starvation.

History of the region proves that one group of bandit comes, slaughters the ruling bandits; they stay for a while; they get fat and lethargic; one day, they are mutilated by a fresh vigorous team of bandits. The region has never experienced the other way around, that is, the so-called democracy..
Although the new police force is fully supported by their cohorts at the judiciary and legislative branches, the old habits cannot be easily abandoned, that is, sharing the value of the stolen money or property with the cooperative thieves.

Of course, a fresh 6% is required to mutilate the fat-old incumbent criminals who have stored nothing in their brains except the newly-awakened-bestial instinct. The new force, so-called alternative, has already materialized. It is simultaneous. Wide spread corruption has contributed to its formation; it is gaining more and more momentum. One day, the fat-rich ex cons and their corrupt offspring will move to Bahamas, etc. Some, of course, need a plastic surgery to disguise.

In the mean time, the 94% buffalo-type spectators will see the process of changing of the guards, the same sad old story goes on and on.

The funny story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

Comedy spoof news topics

Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!

Go to top
readers are online right now!
Globey, The Spoof's mascot

We use cookies to give you the best experience, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more