My Senior Moments - W/E 4th March 2012

Written by Inchcock

Sunday, 4 March 2012

image for My Senior Moments - W/E 4th March 2012
Not the footwear to go out in the heavy rain in!

Sunday 26th February 2012
* Fell asleep, and woke up as I was falling out of the chair! How? - No idea, but the pan of soup got burnt while all this was going on.

Monday 27th February 2012
* Tried again to get rid of the alarm I accidentally set on the DAB radio, and lost the one preset I had.

* Searched in vain for my mobile phone, still looking.

Tuesday 28th February 2012
* Found mobile in the laundry basket? I don't know either.

* Went to launderette, nipped to the shop, to the check-out, no money with me, walked home, walked back to the shop, used cash card, walked off leaving card in machine, lady called me back bless her.

* Back to the launderette, and realised I'd not pressed fro extra spin, so the togs were soaking when I put em in the drier, and that cost an extra quid and twenty minutes to get um dried properly.

Wednesday 29th February 2012
* Woke up at midnight, realised I'd not taken me evening medications! Blow it!

* My potatoes blew up in the oven, of course I didn't here them go did I! What a mess!

Thursday 1st March 2012
* Caught again talking to the pigeons as I fed them. The postman sneered and asked if I'd given them names. I quipped back immediately: "Yea, that's Fred, that's Norman, she's Freda,... as I pointed at each one. He "Humpfted" and walked away shaking his head.

* Went over the road to see if my disabled mate Stewart was okay, he was fine this morning thank heavens. And decided to take a walk into Bulwell, and walk about the market. The sun was shining, and I casually hobbled into Buwell market 1 hour and 20minutes later - to find it closed. Then the fact that it was Thursday and not Friday dawned on me.

Friday 2nd March 2012
* Went over to see Stewart and Margaret, both doing well. Then walked to town and caught bus to Bulwell, to poddle around the market. It was half empty. Dropped off the bus, and nipped in Lidle's, where I found me Herrings and kippers had gone up 10p each! Got some bread, bits, walked home, and found I'd left the bloody heater on again in the bathroom!

* Fell asleep, another saucepan and contents (mushy peas this time) consigned to the great kitchen in the sky. Now down to two saucepans left usable, one of them in a very distressed condition.

Saturday 3rd March 2012
* Walked to town to get saucepans from Wilko's. Just (well nearly) made it to the loos in Vic centre on time!
* Had a 'Turn' in Wilko's - felt a right fool as they fetched me a chair to sit on to recover, mind you it was nice to see so many people taking an interest in ogling me!
But I let um down and didn't croak out. He he he! After a while I felt better, the dizziness, vagueness, and weakness dissipated, and i was off again hobbling around town. (Phew!)

Sunday 4th March 2012
* Raining this morning... but that didn't stop me going out in me slippers instead of me shoes! (Ha!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

Spoof news topics

Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!

Go to top
readers are online right now!
Globey, The Spoof's mascot

We use cookies to give you the best experience, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more