George W. Bush - My Fake Diary
Monday, 17 September 2012
Henderson KY paper printed some of my famous quotes:
You know what I found most disappointing about the Republican National Convention?
A no-show conspicuous by his absence: former President George W. Bush.
I like George W. Bush. I would love to go quail hunting with him on his Texas ranch, but I won't hold my breath waiting for an invitation.
Whatever one thinks of his service as president, he was, and is, a real down-to-earth fellow.
And he may very well go down in history as our most quoted president.
Here are some examples of so-called "Bushisims" under the heading "Top 10 George Bush Quotes" (from The New York Times "About.Com Quotations" listing):
1. Energy. "We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."
2. War. "When Iraq is liberated, you will be treated, tried, and persecuted as a war criminal."
3. Politics. "Sometimes, Washington is one of those towns where the person - people who think they've got the sharp elbow is the most effective person."
4. Not classifiable. "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."
5. Beliefs. "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right."
6. Not classifiable. "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it."
7. Business. "It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce."
8. Education. "You teach a child to read, and he or she will be able to pass a literacy test."
9. War. "Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment."
'Did I really say all of them?'
|Previous Dates||Next Dates|