What should have been a pleasant Sunday afternoon outing in Battambang with her friends, turned into the 'nightmare of her dreams' for one pretty girl today, as the ice cream she was eating, melted far more quickly than she'd anticipated it might, leaving her face clarted in chocolate sludge.
The girl, one of a group of six, had bought the sticky chocolate fudge ice creams for herself and her friends, but hadn't sufficiently taken into account the stiflingly-hot temperature, and the effect that the heat was going to have on the ice cream's constituents.
She was also a bit of a blabbermouth, and her incessant yapping delayed, even further, her consumption of the 'sweet treat'.
A number of eyewitnesses say that, when a similarly-sized group of boys passed by, the girl gazed after them longingly and knowingly. Meanwhile, melting continued unabated.
Eventually, the ice cream became 'more liquid than solid', and, unable to maintain itself as 'a going concern' any longer, it collapsed from its cone onto the girl's purple shirt, and from thence to her jeans and - via her lap - her shoes. It was then that her friends alerted her to the sorry state of her mug.
One man present, Moys Kenwood, said:
"There was a lesson for us all here. When you're eating an ice cream on a warm day, get on with it."