Forum Home / Login / Register

All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Monkey Woods

227 Pages - «« « 222 223 [224] 225 226 » »»
From News Discussion / African Cup Of Nations Halted As Tribal Wars Break Out
Posted 5 Feb 08 11:15

Posted 4 Feb 08 15:42

racism n 1. belief in the superiority of a particular race; prejudice based on this...

I looked up the meaning above in the Oxford Dictionary of Current Usage, not to be pedantic, but, rather, to see if I was racist.

My interpretation is, that I am not.

Prejudice in the same publication is defined as "a preconceived opinion", and, whilst one of my preconceived opinions of African peoples, is that, at the drop of a hat, they have a tendency to start tribal wars with, yes, spears, machetes, and other such sharpened instruments of death, this prejudice, (as defined in Oxford), does not arise out of a misplaced belief that any race is superior (or inferior) to another. Indeed, in that respect, I am the least racist person that I know.

I treat everyone I encounter equally.

If this is in any doubt, scroll through some of thye stories I've written on the 'savagery', social non-development, lack of respect for authority, family and self, behaviour, and incompetence of (what you should take to be) white Anglo-Saxon-types. In them, you will find the same kinds of prejudice or, rather, a highlighting of those aforementioned characteristics which, I believe, are the norm in our society today.

Using a few 'eyecatching key words' and highlighting them in bold to grab the reader's attention, hardly justifies myself being lbelled as 'racist', but I do tend to do a lot of highlighting, it has to be said.

Nobody has yet visited this forum to accuse me of being a 'black racist', and of being prejudiced against white people, presumably because the words I used to describe those 'white savages and delinquents' didn't touch the raw nerves of other readers who, I guess, are fully aware of the current state of British society and the untermenschen that comprise a large percentage of its population.

Then, as IN SEINE pointed out, this is Spoofland, and, although some of the social commentary I spout on here is serious, I write here to try and be funny, rather than to invite upon myself the kind of criticism you (and others) levelled.

I've listened to what you said, and thought hard about it. But listen, Simon, it's throwaway; I'm not standing for a Parliamentary seat; I'm not standing in Hyde Park preaching from a soap box; there are no leaflets or pamphlets; and I don't really think black people are inferior to any other race of knuckle-draggers that I meet in the street every day - I hope that's clear now.

Some words are funny, some are controversial, some are both. Isn't that one of the things this site is about? Isn't it about trying out things to see what you can come up with, to see what you can get away with, to see what you can get a reaction to?

Ultimately, we have an editing/administrative team on the site which monitors material, and which assigns warning notices to anything it deems worthy of having one. I accept your view that, to some people, the content of the story might have been 'near the edge', but would hope that anyone who might have thought that, would have then pinched themselves and remembered that this is a satirical news site, and that the aim of the writers is comedic, not political.

Well, usually.

Regards,

MW

Posted 2 Feb 08 11:13
See below; I bolloxed-up the edit thingy.

Posted 2 Feb 08 11:12
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7223760.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7213211.stm

What say you now, Mr Cockle?

It's even called The Rift Valley. I'd have been proud to have come up with a place name like that.

From General Discussion / Yono Oko is a nutter
Posted 1 Feb 08 15:41
What do you think the reaction on North Star, Polaris will be?

Stunned silence?

From News Discussion / "Me Too" Admits Your Mum
Posted 31 Jan 08 13:19

From News Discussion / TheSpoof.com Creates Foundation to Aid Illiterate People Who Post Stupid Satire
Posted 29 Jan 08 15:08
I'm glad you pointed that out. I hadn't realised. Don't give me any credit for making a minimalist comedy response. I just don't deserve it.

From News Discussion / TheSpoof.com Creates Foundation to Aid Illiterate People Who Post Stupid Satire
Posted 29 Jan 08 14:10

From News Discussion / McDonalds to open new colleges of McEducation
Posted 28 Jan 08 16:16
Pretty good. I wish I'd thought of the questionnaire format for mine.

From News Discussion / Arnold Schwarzenegger vows Indians must pay
Posted 28 Jan 08 14:33
Good story, Nick. Those 'turning-everything-on-its-head stories' are the best.

5*

From General Discussion / Gone and quickly forgotten
Posted 28 Jan 08 11:25
Quote: norma snockers

I know you enjoy 'spanking the Monkey'

Come an' have a go if you think you're hard enough!

Posted 26 Jan 08 10:36
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7209943.stm

Need I say more?

"This incident won't affect things. We have the Nile between us...we are really mad now."

I couldn't have made it up any better.

Posted 25 Jan 08 16:20
Quote: Jalapenoman

six minutes

Eight minutes, J-man. Now, come on.

From News Discussion / Police To Get Support Of Miners In Pay Dispute
Posted 25 Jan 08 16:17
It's the paperwork, rather than tackling crime, that keeps 'em looking young!

From News Discussion / Ottumwa Iowa Man Produces Worlds Largest Stool
Posted 25 Jan 08 12:16

From News Discussion / Police To Get Support Of Miners In Pay Dispute
Posted 25 Jan 08 11:03
I couldn't help thinking about the boot being on the other foot.

Actually, and you probably can't guess this from the story, I have a lot of sympathy for the Police and their claims. Maybe it's a sign of getting older, QM, but I must admit I have a hankering for the old days when policemen were policemen, if you know what I mean, and could carry out their duties 'properly', without fear of being sued by some snot-nosed little git who had gone crying to his mummy about the way he had been arrested after breaking the law.

Use of words like 'the Pigs' and 'Niggoland' (in the other story) are used solely for dramatic effect, and do not reflect the way I feel about things. Whether or not they work, is another thing.

Posted 25 Jan 08 10:55
Hello, Mr Cockle. I was thinking about how strange it is that, at the drop of a hat, tribal conflicts often break out between rival Africans.

Is that alright, or are we going to have to go through with the whole racism thing yet again?

Only white folks on buses? Simon, you can take it from me, that I take the piss, as you call it, out of everything and everyone. If, however, this story or some of the words within it, have upset you, I apologise unreservedly and hope never to make you feel uncomfortable in this way again.

I can't guarantee it though.

Posted 24 Jan 08 13:11
Yes, I thought so too. The writer of that story ought to be ashamed of himself/herself.

No, wait a minute.

From News Discussion / Local Man Losing Interest In Woman He Is Stalking
Posted 23 Jan 08 12:24

You're funny.

From General Discussion / Stupid Names...
Posted 23 Jan 08 10:44
There's a place near Bolton called Nob End.

Posted 21 Jan 08 14:56
I just got out of the hospital again. It got infected. That'll teach me to write stupid Indian Conkers stories. Recuperating now, so I might slip from view for a bit...

Posted 12 Jan 08 11:48
All I know is, he contributed to my Burst Appendix, which I had removed last Sunday. That's why I've not been on here, and look what's happened to my ranking.

I'm getting over it now, thanks. The appendix, that is.

From News Discussion / Spoof Writer goes insane
Posted 4 Jan 08 17:47
Or, when you've finished, just select the words you want in bold and paint them black. If you want them in italics, just use your hand to lean them over a bit. Underlining is the easiest of all: haven't you heard of a ruler?

Anything else I can help you with?

From News Discussion / Killer of Former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto Captured
Posted 29 Dec 07 11:00

And at a difficult time.

Rated.

From General Discussion / Have a good 'un
Posted 22 Dec 07 11:00
I might be "off the air" for a while until after Christmas, so I'll just say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.

I can't be bothered to write to all of you personally, you're not worth it... (chuckles)

Hope you all get what you wanted.

MW

227 Pages - «« « 222 223 [224] 225 226 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top