Forum Home / Login / Register

All times are GMT

Forum Home / Forum posts by Monkey Woods

236 Pages - [1] 2 3 4 5 » »»
From News Discussion / What Love means to 4 - 8 year olds
Posted 25 Jan 20 22:58

From News Discussion / Space Aliens Steal Bermuda
Posted 25 Jan 20 03:41
Another good one. The Forumbot knows what it's doing!

From News Discussion / Local man orbits Venus in converted shed
Posted 24 Jan 20 04:04

From News Discussion / Conor McGregor Makes Linguistic Error In Interview
Posted 22 Jan 20 22:20
I gave some thought to that, myself. I used the word 'linguistic' because I needed to make the headline longer by about that many letters, so that it would look nice.

This may not satisfy you, however, and, to show you that I believe in democracy, I now invite you to suggest a 'more appropriate' word.

Thanks for your input, Clive.

It's good that we have people watching our backs for us like this.

From News Discussion / Provincetown, Massachusetts School District To Provide Free Condoms To Six Year Olds
Posted 1 Jan 20 00:20

From General Discussion / Acronyms
Posted 10 Dec 19 13:32
Development: evolutionary variance, evolutionary likeness, or, possibly, much evolutionary nonsense talk.

From News Discussion / Brexit Party member returns to primaeval soup
Posted 7 Dec 19 04:17
For me, I wasn't commenting on the politics, just the writing.

Not really sure about Brexit. A bit of a lottery, I expect. I don't have the ability to look into the future and predict likely outcomes of massive gambles.

If I did, I'd be thinking about those six balls...

From News Discussion / Brexit Party member returns to primaeval soup
Posted 3 Dec 19 05:41

From News Discussion / Katie Price Buys Customized Mountain Bike
Posted 28 Nov 19 07:55

From News Discussion / Katie Price In Financial Crisis
Posted 28 Nov 19 07:52
Just found this through the 'Random Story' facility.

Another prophesy.

From News Discussion / Dolly Parton Hurts Herself Jumping Rope!
Posted 25 Nov 19 07:57

Posted 22 Nov 19 03:23
Trafford: rough area famed for outstanding retail development.

Posted 12 Nov 19 01:44

Posted 12 Nov 19 01:44

Posted 11 Nov 19 04:49
Termites exhibit rather mental inclination to eat stuff.

From News Discussion / Local Man Prefers Sex with Plants
Posted 11 Nov 19 02:42

You can see it happening.

Intriguing last sentence.

Posted 2 Nov 19 22:16

From General Discussion / General Discussion
Posted 3 Oct 19 22:10

From News Discussion / German Humor Magazines- Yes, They Do Have A Sense OF Humor. A Good One, In Fact.
Posted 29 Sep 19 16:49

From News Discussion / Amiable New Yorker Effectively Uses Passive Voice to Abdicate Responsibility
Posted 20 Sep 19 03:04
Quote: Johnny Shlep

Well-written, wryly-observed piece of satire that should get front-page prominence.

The chances of that are on a par with the survival chances of the proverbial pussy cat in Hades I fear.

Well, I suppose it depends on how popular it becomes in the first few days of its publication, as explained by Mark:

Quote: Mark

As for the front page and story sections, I've explained how these work before. It's a selection of the most recent articles from the past few days with the most popular given the most prominence.

Posted 9 Sep 19 07:13
Brexit really excites xenophobes, it's true.

From General Discussion / Delays irksome
Posted 28 Aug 19 22:17

I didn't intend being presumptuous, and I'm not a mind reader.

Whilst it's none of my business who you message about technical issues on the site, I don't think it's too unreasonable to make a helpful suggestion as to what you might do next.

Posted 28 Aug 19 21:22
QM, I come in peace, but the fact that someone isn't here 24 hours a day, doesn't mean I've gone AWOL. I spend some time of every day reading and, if necessary, editing stories, but that's where my responsibility ends. Any other business is dealt with by Mark, but life tends to get in the way of attending to the Spoof day in, day out.

Maybe you could message him.

Posted 21 Aug 19 10:37
All comments are fair, QM. I understand that not all readers - or writers - are interested in football or its overpaid primadonnas, and I'll apologise again if some people found it too much.

Thing is, though, the site isn't just for the writers, it's also for the readers. And, as it turned out, there was a market ready to guzzle up what were clearly made-up HM stories, and, when you find a rich vein, isn't it the done thing to snuggle down in there?

Plus, there may now be many more new readers who weren't previously aware of our little garden shed of satire nestling away at the back of Lowton Towers. If so, that wouldn't be a bad thing, would it?

Posted 21 Aug 19 07:12
With all the above in mind, and having seen how irritated some writers have become with certain stories being published and read by readers who may not have visited the Spoof before, until they were forced, by their own clicking errors, to read some information that wasn't completely true about Harry Maguire, I have decided that I'm not going to write any more stories on that subject.

I wouldn't want to lose you all as friends.

What else is popular at the moment?

236 Pages - [1] 2 3 4 5 » »»
Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top