Forum Home / Login / Register

This forum does not allow guest posting. You must register to participate in this forum.

Messages ordered by earliest posts first
All times are GMT

Forum Home / General Discussion / FAQ - Where's my email? (12 September 2019)

AuthorMessage
Mark
Spoofer-in-Chief
Mark

Forum Profile
Writer's Profile
Email
Posted: 12 Sep 19 15:04 - Edited By: Mark, 16 Sep 19 07:57
We're experiencing some issues with emails being received by Yahoo - and any company who uses Yahoo as its mail processor, such as AOL, Sky, BT and others.

So far, the issue is classed as a temporary deferral, but this has been going on for over 24 hours now since 11 September.

I'll post updates as they become available.

Just to stress, if you use Yahoo, or your email is provided by Yahoo, you won't be getting emails from The Spoof for the time being until Yahoo lifts this.

This has stemmed from The Spoof moving its email sending platform on 11 September and is presumed to have been caused by a configuration error.

When the daily newsletter email was sent, this then triggered Yahoo to put this block in place as it had wrongly interpreted the email as spam.

That configuration error has been fixed, but we're still in limbo.

As a consequence of this, and a job that's been long overdue, the newsletter mailing list has been substantially trimmed. You may find you've been removed by accident; many apologies if that is the case.

If you're not signed up for the newsletter emails and you would like to, you can sign up for them at the mailing list sign up page.

You can also find a link on that page to unsubscribe, if that's what you'd prefer.

You can choose to receive the emails daily, weekly or once a month as you may wish. If you want to change your frequency, pop your email address in the sign up form and select a different time frame. You'll get an email to confirm the change.

Spoofing all over the world
Johnny Shlep
Deleted

Forum Profile
Website
Posted: 12 Sep 19 15:33
Thanks boss.

While you're there, would it be possible to tweak the FB/Twitter share buttons so that we can respond politely when the message, 'Thanks for sharing' appears?

It eats me up inside that I can't respond with a cheery, 'Hey, don't mention it, mate. It's my pleasure'

Manners maketh the man is my old nan used to say

Purple Girl
Writer

Forum Profile
Writer's Profile
Posted: 16 Sep 19 10:13 - Edited By: Purple Girl, 16 Sep 19 13:06
Yahoo! users only need to go to the spam folder and click on "Not Spam" for the affected messages. Also, adding the addresses to the address book also helps.

Mark
Spoofer-in-Chief
Mark

Forum Profile
Writer's Profile
Email
Posted: 16 Sep 19 11:00
Hi PG

Thanks for that, it's good info for people.

Sadly, in this case, the emails are being blocked by Yahoo's when received at their server, the emails aren't sent through to the user's inbox.

I've been in touch with a few email providers, and made some progress. I'll be getting on to Yahoo soon, hopefully that will give resolution on this.

Mark
Spoofer-in-Chief
Mark

Forum Profile
Writer's Profile
Email
Posted: 16 Sep 19 11:10
Ha - I spoke too soon.

It looks like Yahoo is actually back up and receiving emails.

Any opinions expressed here are purely the opinions of the contributors and are not necessarily the opinions of The Spoof, its staff or the original writer of the spoof news/parody/satire story.

Go to top

Forum permissions

You are not logged in.

• You cannot create new topics in this forum