Written by Monkey Woods
Print this
Topics: Local, Tea

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

image for Tea Burnt Man's Lips
Oooooh, that's bloody hot!

We've all done it at some time in the past - taken a rather-too-large sip of a piping hot, freshly-brewed cup of tea - immediately realising, all too late, that it was a tad hotter than we'd imagined, and scalded our mouths and throats!


Well, that's exactly what happened to one man in Bangkok this morning as he rushed to get ready for work, having got up about 15 minutes later than usual.


Moys Kenwood, old, downed the rather large swig of tea to wash down a clump of croissant that was stuck in his gullet, and was left counting the cost to his lips and larynx, as the lava-like Lipton's, sent him scurrying to the fridge for some ice-cold water.


Said Kenwood later:

"It's not the first time this has happened. Two weeks ago, I gave myself a bloody ulcer having done much the same thing. Every time I ate something, I bit down on it, causing me agony. Eventually, I had to dissolve the bastard with salt - which felt nice."

Then doctors arrived to take him away.

Make Monkey Woods's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

More by this writer

View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story


Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!


What's 5 multiplied by 5?

2 16 25 24
42 readers are online right now!

Go to top

We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more