Regular readers of theSpoof.com (If such people actually exist) may recall a story from April 30th 2010, with the headline: 'Chinese Bloke Dies In Eel Up The Bum Prank Gone Wrong.'
Well, we can now report that it's happened again, except this time, the Chinese bloke survived - more by luck than good judgement.
In the first story, a Chinese chef got drunk, and his mates thought it would be amusing to stick a live eel up his arse. Which they did. Then everybody passed out and the bloke woke up dead because the eel had started eating him from the inside.
This most recent episode again involved a chef, but this time, the hapless chap fell into a tank of live eels, hundreds of them packed in really tight. Some swam up his trouser legs, but one particularly inventive eel swum straight up the poor Chinese bloke's arse.
Feeling a shade embarrassed, the chef didn't initially admit that he had an eel stuck up his arse, thinking - somewhat misguidedly, it must be said - that he would 'expel' the creature in the fullness of time.
Twas not to be.
According to reports, the confused, very much alive, eel, got distressed and started to thrash about. Which proved to be an excruciatingly painful pain in the bowels - among other nether regions - for the distraught chef.
Who promptly collapsed.
The chef was rushed to hospital by ambulance, where surgeons - recognising the condition - managed to extricate the offending creature from the Chinese bloke's arse.
The man was said to be stable in hospital and off the critical list. He will be having the eel for supper tomorrow with noodles and a wok fry-up.
More as we get it.