A 22-year old man died of internal injuries when he was hit by a water balloon during the annual festival of Holi today.
Puneet Kadam, from Dadar, Mumbai died this morning as he was hit by a fast-moving water balloon while he was getting down from a fast-moving train. The culprit, Imran Sheikh, 16, threw the water-filled latex balloon, widely reported to actually be a condom, at Puneet in a sense of joy and celebration. But little did the young boy know that the balloon he threw would end the youth's life.
Eye-witness reports claim that the balloon hit Puneet right on his scrotum. Puneet immediately collapsed and was reported dead upon reaching the nearest hospital. Medical examinations confirmed the cause, and added that the force of the balloon pushed Puneet's testes up his abdomen. He died of internal bleeding.
Imran admitted to having thrown the water-filled ball which hit Puneet's balls while he was having a ball in the train with several of his female friends.
Puneet's mother was shocked and fumbled that he was her only son, and the only breadwinner in the whole family. The widowed sweeper could barely stand.
Authorities have jumped into action by banning the usage of anything made of rubber for 3 days while the Holi celebrations last. This decision is expected to push over 400,000 balls out of abdomens - in the form of around 200,000 expected babies in the 3 days while condoms are unavailable.
Police later dismissed the rumors and said that the boy got hit in the eye and not the scrotum.