Washington- The release of over 250,000 confidential and classified State Department cables has created a major embarrassment to the Administration. State Department lawyers were unsuccessful in their attempt to have WikiLeaks founder Julian Assinasling reconsider release of the cables.
The cables are raw comments about leaders and government officials. Some of the blunt candid leaks concern both friend and foe of the US:
- President George W.Bush "Had one side of German Chancellor Angela Merkel's bra strap off and working on the other when he was massaging her neck at the 2006 G8 Summit."
- Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad,before meeting Western leaders and some Arab leaders, "makes a point of using his right hand when he does a number two."
- "He's Harry Potter light," said one of the cables on Prime Minister David Cameron of Great Britain.
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Il, "wears tailor fitted adult diapers, made in China, when he hosts Tupperware parties."
- At the G-20 Summit in Toronto, President Obama and Prime Minister Stephen Harper were at urinals next to one another when Harper asked Obama whether he was going to mention the clubbing of baby seals. "The President looked toward Harper and then down, saying, "Ah, probably not Stevie, it would be embarrassing."
- King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia was "desperate to 'cut off the head of the snake,' now there are at least 10,000 eunuchs in Riyadh alone."
- North Korea's heir apparent Kim Jong-un, "his entourage carries his entire collection of Chia Pets where ever he goes."
- Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, "the Avon Lady visits his official residence at least twice a week."
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton "got so tongue tied on her first meeting with French President Nicolas Sarkozy that he tried to untangle it in a 'French way'."
Asked about the seriousness of the leaks, Vice-President Joe Biden diplomatically said, "You remember when I said healthcare was a big fucking deal, well let me tell you, this is the tsunami of big fucking deals."