Written by Helen Tarnation
Print this

Thursday, 24 December 2009

image for Anesthesiologist passes gas
Explosion also damaged hospital roof

Horror erupted in the course of routine back surgery on hospital patient Morris Murcheon, 31, and he slept through the entire ordeal.

Mavis Brincheton, M.D., said that the explosion, triggered by the laser cautery device she was holding at the time, knocked her 'on her keister' and that her surgical gown was smoldering.

Bart Burgeon, the anesthesiologist implicated in the combustion, was rushed to the emergency ward as a result, suffering from burst hemorrhoids.

'We were nearing the end of the surgical procedure, sealing off capillaries with laser cautery', Brincheton said. 'Burgeon emitted a stupendous flatus, which startled me with its percussive force. When the laser intersected the torrential exhalation gusting from the region of his buttocks, it ignited ferociously, erupting in a ball of flame, accompanied by a thunderclap of deafening proportions.'

She managed to complete the operation on Mr. Murcheon with no further incident.

'I'm sorry I slept through the whole thing', Murcheon said. 'From the sound of things, it easily would have surpassed anything we attempted in Army barracks.'

Make Helen Tarnation's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

More by this writer

View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story


Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!


What's 2 multiplied by 2?

5 4 18 15
65 readers are online right now!

Go to top

We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more