Written by ej moore
Rating:

Share/Bookmark
Print this
Topics: New York, Names

Friday, 30 April 2004

image for Ted Koppel to honor all US troops on ABC Nightline
Koppel still plans to show his deep respect for US troops.

NEW YORK -- ABC's popular news show, Nightline, has agreed not to air their scheduled broadcast of the names and photographs of US soldiers killed in Oilperation Iraqi Freedom.

In its place, Koppel will host a Nightline broadcast featuring the names and photographs of all soldiers --dead or alive-- who have participated in the Iraq war arena. This restyled broadcast will begin at Nightline's regularly scheduled time and continue around-the-clock for a few months until all soldiers have been honored.

Sinclair, a Hunt Valley, Maryland-based media giant, had earlier announced their intentions to block viewer access to the "dead soldier" Nightline but they now appear to be doubly ticked off.

"There's no war!" said a Sinclair spokesman in a telephone interview. "There's just a few oil workers over there protecting the pumps. Plus, a bunch of us donated big bucks to the Bush campaign we're not about to allow Koppel and ABC to suggest he was actually stupid enough to start a war."

In an unprecedented media decision, Sinclair now plans to block viewer access to all news concerning the Iraqi war.

"Whenever one of those lies pops up on the airwaves," said the Sinclair spokesman, "we'll immediately replace it with footage of George Bush doing nice things like reading to school children."

Make ej moore's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

If you fancy trying your hand at comedy spoof news writing, click here to join!

Print this

More by this writer

View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story

Share/Bookmark

Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!

Email:

What's 3 multiplied by 1?

8 9 3 18
57 readers are online right now!

Go to top