Written by Andrew Lawrence
Print this
Topics: The Spoof

Saturday, 3 November 2007

image for Writers Vote To Strike - TheSpoof.com Unaffected

(Hollywood) - In spite of a writer's strike crippling the entertainment business, it's business as usual at TheSpoof.com ...

According to an anonymous spokesperson named Mark, who works at TheSpoof.com, "That is correct. Like other major news outlets, such as CNN, National Enquirer and Al Jazeera, TheSpoof.com is unaffected by the writer's strike, or anything else for that matter."

The writer's strike is expected to stop all TV production, except for reality shows, and force TV networks to air nothing but reruns, reruns and more reruns. As a result, millions of TV viewers are expected to turn to the internet, and TheSpoof.com, for their entertainment.

It should be noted that TheSpoof.com has never had a strike. Probably because writers for TheSpoof.com don't get paid, they just get points. A comprehensive survey of TheSpoof.com's 3,750 writers reveals that 92% would rather get paid in cash than in points. The other 8% either did not vote or were in mental institutions.

copyright 2007 Andrew Lawrence

Make Andrew Lawrence's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

More by this writer

View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story


Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!


What's 4 multiplied by 3?

3 11 9 12
66 readers are online right now!

Go to top

We use cookies to give you the best experience, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more