Written by Chuck Terzella
Print this
Topics: Hospital, Medical

Saturday, 20 December 2003

Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina: The dismembered foot of a dead teenager was accidentally sent home to his mother after it was inadvertently mixed in with his clothing. Halifax Medical Center attributed the misstep to an overcrowded refrigerator.

"The best we can tell, they brought the body part in and the refrigerator was full and it was put into the other cooler, the one where we keep the groceries," Rick Gilstrap, the hospital president said, " We also sent along two dozen eggs, a gallon of milk and three chicken breasts, so it wasn't a total loss for the family, but go figure, their knickers are still all in a twist."

The foot of 18 year old auto accident victim Terrell Silver, along with his clothing and groceries was stored in an outbuilding after the funeral until a family friend offered to clean out the shed. Proving that no good deed goes unpunished the family friend discovered the foot wrapped in a bloody green towel.

"Thank god the weather has been cold, or else that chicken would have been worthless," the friend was quoted as saying, " the foot wasn't bad either, once you put a little BBQ sauce on it and slapped it on the grill."

Mr. Silver's mother is said to be having trouble sleeping.

Make Chuck Terzella's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

More by this writer

View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story


Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!


What's 3 plus 1?

1 4 23 15
67 readers are online right now!

Go to top

We use cookies to give you the best experience, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more