Written by Bureau
Rating:

Share/Bookmark
Print this

Friday, 21 February 2014

image for New York: Melting Snow Could Kill You!

Melting snow makes people want to get out for a change but in New York City the trip outside to remove some of the boredom might be your last or even your pets last.

Two dogs were found electrocuted after coming into contact with live wires, buried in the snow. Somehow the wiring is exposed either by poor wiring in the first place or by something that happened during people driving over the wiring that was pulled out by a snow plow.

"In most cases, we don't know how the wiring was exposed but we had to rope off two sections where the dogs were discovered and have safety people working on the problem", stated a police officer. He was there to make sure no one ever went past the yellow tape.

One person who was from Con-Ed warned us that nearby places could be affected also.

"Water and ice are conductors so stay away from manhole covers or anything metal near the roped off areas."

A similar case happened last week in Chicago and could happen anywhere the snow has fallen or even water over an exposed wire.

Con-Ed and others are working on the problem in Manhattan but this could happen in any small town or city. If you see anything unusual, call 911 and report it we were told.

Make Bureau's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

If you fancy trying your hand at comedy spoof news writing, click here to join!

Print this

More by this writer

View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story

Share/Bookmark

Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!

Email:

What's 5 multiplied by 3?

9 15 10 17
72 readers are online right now!

Go to top