Valvoline, MI - Various public health advertisement campaigns in recent years have depicted graphic ads showing real smokers and the physical pains that they suffer including tracheotomy valves and the like. Studies show that the advertisements have scared millions of smokers to quit smoking entirely or to seek help in cessation.
A young man in Michigan was profoundly affected by one such ad campaign.
"I've been smoking since I was ten. I saw those commercials and they scared the sh!t out of me," stated Will Miscreant, 18, of Valvoline MI.
Ostensibly, upon viewing a public service commercial depicting the tragic repercussions of cigarette smoking, Miscreant proceeded to ingest copious amounts of alcohol from the liquor cabinet in his father's den.
"I came to in a hedge at the next door neighbors house," stated Miscreant, "I was wasted, but I still couldn't get those images out of my head, but in a weird way, wanted a cigarette. You know how it is when you're drunk."
Allegedly Miscreant proceeded to a peer's home to imbibe more.
"Yeah," stated Miscreant, "I went over to my buddy Jeff's house. We snuck into his parent's party room downstairs. He had a few shots. I had bottles, and bottles, and bottles, and then eventually I remember not remembering the commercial, but I remember it now."
The parent's of the peer, found Miscreant, passed out in their dog's bed. The dog was not happy. They phoned emergency. Miscreant was rushed to the hospital for treatment due to alcohol poisoning.
Miscreant reports that he has learned his lesson.
"You bet your ass I've learned my lesson. I'm going out to buy an E-cig tomorrow."