WASHINGTON, DC - With approval ratings in the toilet, Congress is determined to shake off accusations of doing nothing to fix the economy.
Harry Reid (D-Nevada): We're putting an end to Republicans letting Fat-Cats escape justice. Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens had millionaire baseball salaries, and chose not to be completely truthful with Congress - and that's a crime against all Americans.
Democrat strategists are confident that criminal sentencing of baseball players will lead voters to focus on Congress successfully dealing with real issues, instead of nitpicking about why Congress doesn't answer certain questions. Like: Why Fannie Mae executives have not been charged with any crimes? Why Eric Holder "knows nothing" about 2000 guns which the Department of Justice sent to Drug Cartels in Mexico? Why Jon Corzine (former Democrat Governor of NJ) "knows nothing" about the disappearance of $1.2 Billion from the bankrupt MF Global?
Several in the US Media say the low approval of DC politicians is from the "stupid, working (tax-paying) Americans who cling to bitter, Earth-murdering, right-wing-extremist Wall Street propaganda." Conversely, the US Media generally admires the 47% of Americans who pay no Federal Income Tax and support wealth redistribution by socialist authoritarian government.
Scott Banal (DC Political Reporter): People fear what they don't understand, and outside of Harvard and DC politics, almost no one understands the Keynesian economic principle of cutting debt in half by intelligently spending twice as much as your available income.
In recent weeks, the most scathing criticism of "ungrateful, lazy, exploitation-fattened, knuckle-dragging Americans" came from David Axelrod. The Democrat Campaign Advisor wasted no time in citing current US government reports showing: minimal unemployment, record debt reduction, unprecedented world peace, ocean levels receding, and "epic miracles" of environmental protection. Axelrod dismissed several news items as "the propaganda of misguided conspiracy freaks." Some of the objectionable articles included:
- ObamaCare Waivers Place More Than 1200 with Democrat Party Connections "Above-the-Law."
- Average Government Subsidy per Chevy Volt Sold May Be as High as $250,000 - Note: under 8,000 vehicles sold.
- War Powers Act Violated by Extended US Military Action in Libya
- Fed Reserve Secretly "Distributes" $7.7 Trillion without Congressional Oversight or Approval
- "Green" Loans Linked to Major Campaign Contributors: $535 Million to Solyndra, $58 million to Evergreen Solar, $43 Million to Beacon Power, LightSquared? Solazyme?
- Obama Administration Ignores Legal Process and Demands $20 Billion from BP for Oil Fund - Note: only $5 billion paid in damage claims.
- Obama's Department of Interior Alters Scientific Report to Ban Gulf Oil Production - Note: Ken Salazar and Carol Browner were named as having direct involvement in misconduct.