A woman in the Potteries has today described the moment when she discovered a McDonalds Big Mac underneath her son's bed.
The burger was said to be 'still edible'.
Karen Low-Cal, 46, mother of Child C, who has behavioural problems, told how she had been clearing rubble from under the bed, and found the cholesterol-packed 'meal' "just laying there".
The condition of the burger has been a point of discussion ever since its discovery last Wednesday. Initial toxicology reports say that, despite the fact that it has probably lain under the bed for as long as two years, it is still edible, or at least it is just as edible today as it was when it was first cooked - ie: inedible.
It is also just as toxic.
"The area under C's bed has always been covered with toys, games, Action Men, dirty stained underpants and, more recently, a mucky book, an impala, an Atom Bomb, a combine harvester and the missing-since-1908 American literary figure, Ambrose Bierce. I didn't realise there was a Big Mac under there as well!", said Karen as she munched away.