The Union of Unemployed Workers (UUW) have made demands to the UK Government that their non-working conditions be improved, or else they shall go on strike.
The specific improvements they have asked for are:
- Free tea and coffee at the JobCentre,
- The Jeremy Kyle Show to be repeated no more than twice in any given day,
- Increase of unemployment benefits to cover the cost of living on a basic (non)working wage,
- To make it illegal to "sack" an unemployed person, or otherwise force them into a job,
- Fresh cushions to be provided once a year to ensure that the unemployed's "sitting on their arse" skills are kept sharp.
The Government have not yet responded to the UUW, but a spokesman was said to be relaxed about the prospect of an unemployment strike, saying "It would just like in the 70s when we had the 3 day week. Except that it would be a 7 day week."