Written by Dungeekin
Rating:

Share/Bookmark
Print this

Friday, 22 May 2009

image for Shopping Centre Hit by Fumes Scare
The stench of desperate self-justification was revolting.

A shopping centre has been evacuated and more than 30 people treated by paramedics following a fumes incident.

Medics were called to The Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham after staff and shoppers complained of feeling dizzy and nauseous. A subsequent incident led to the shopping centre being completely evacuated.

Firemen in protective clothing and breathing apparatus carried out a full search of the area, and the cause of the incident was determined to be Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, who was giving a speech on Parliamentary reform in a nearby building.

Nobody was seriously hurt in the incident, though victim Brummi Yamyam said, "it was horrible. There was this interminable drone, and people around me were vomiting. The stench of desperate self-justification was revolting."

A spokesman for the Ambulance Service said that now Smith had stopped chuntering there was no further risk from her sickening waffle, but added, "anyone still suffering from symptoms they believe are caused by her hypocrisy should call NHS Direct for advice".

Make Dungeekin's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

If you fancy trying your hand at comedy spoof news writing, click here to join!

Print this

More by this writer

View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story

Share/Bookmark

Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!

Email:

What's 5 plus 4?

4 9 20 6
105 readers are online right now!

Go to top