The scandal that has enveloped MPs over the ludicrous levels of their allowances took a dramatic turn today after the police announced they were unable to take any action over the Derek Conway affair due to limitations within the whole parliamentary benefit system.
The police did however publish a list of some of the perks which MPs are entitled to:
- sleep with the bride or groom of a constituent on their wedding night
- keep a flock of geese on public ground
- keep original paintings from the National Gallery in their homes
- spend large amounts of public cash without the need for a receipt
- employ their own family members
David Cameron said to this website: "Clearly things have to change, MPs must remember that they have to be seen to uphold certain standards."
Asked whether this included not cycling through red lights and the wrong way up one way streets, Cameron stormed off.