A man has died in a freak confectionery accident whilst on a works outing to a famous chocolate factory
The 50 year old man dubbed ‘Augustus Gloop' by the press, was peering into a vat of molten chocolate early on Saturday morning, when he lost balance and fell head first into the 130c mixture.
Desperate colleagues tried to pull the man to safety, but their attempts were futile as the scorching liquid killed him almost instantly.
One distressed co-worker said "the worst thing is, he died so quickly, he didn't even get a taste".
The group who were on trip from the York based Terry's factory have each been given a lifetime supply of Dairy Milk.
A Cadbury's spokesman said "it really is the least we could do".