London, England. Her Majesty The Queen has been admitted to hospital after eating dodgy meatballs that were later verified as being made from horse meat. Doctors claimed that Her Maj microwaved the suspect foods before consumption and ate them with a Thai green salad.
A Palace spokesperson assured the public that The Queen was in no danger and, after a quick rest, she'd be back to her routine of sitting around and counting her money.
The horse meat scandal has left many a public figure red faced. Former PM Gordon Brown got caught out when he bought a Wimpy burger and, detecting an unusual taste, had his burger evaluated as a horse sandwich. Singer Sade was left non-plussed when she ate a fried beef sausage only for it to be revealed as a horse product.
Government officials are in deep discussion about remedying this unpalettable situation and a solution is nigh. (What's on their luncheon trays? Horse?)