The Royal Mail has revealed that the Olympic Park has been given the same postcode as the BBC soap opera Eastenders.
The Olympic Park, which many see as the main focal point of London 2012, will provide a massive green space full of riverside gardens, bars and cafes.
The decision has raised more than a few eyebrows and a several members of the Olympic Organising Committee have protested at the incongruity of it all.
Nevertheless, the tie up between one of the biggest showpiece events in London's history and the gritty realism of the East End has opened up a number of options for new events at London 2012.
Amongst those being proposed are :
- Shouting Up At A Window For No Apparent Reason
- Talking Quietly While Issuing Numerous Threats
- Hastily Arranging A Wedding To Avoid A Scandal
- Cheating On Your Partner With One Of Their Relatives
('Just To Prove A Point' Category)
- Excessive Trembling Of The Bottom Lip To Suggest Emotion