This WAS Anfield, Merseyside: Such is the adoration of Roy Hodgson from the 'faithfaul' Liverpool Supporters, that their chant "Hodgson for England", "Hodgson for England", "Hodgson for England" has become the foundation of their growing 'esteem' in the Liverpool Manager.
ONE fan in the Liverpool Newspaper has written;
- "In Roy we trust. Come on lads, lets get behind our Manager and support him as well as the team."
There is an acceptance on Merseyside, that Liverpool's season is a write-off and with Liverpool FC, now well and truly an established second tier club, doubts remain what decent players would want to play for Liverpool Football Club.
The problem is with so many new players needed, probably only God knows where to start. With so many players that need to be got rid of but probably won't be shifted until suitable replacements are found, culminating in a vicious cycle.
Some fans are not so sure;
- "2nd tier? If Hodgson hangs around any longer we will be Relegation fodder!"
"the guy has completely destroyed us in 6 long months!"
"John Henry & Co You need to wake up and realise that we are imploding.. lack of action cannot be excused... no manager is better than the dithering fraud in charge!"
"We need him gone Today not Tmrw !!!!"
One Liverpool fan doesn't think Liverpool FC are any good at all.
- "2nd tier my ar$e we are not even that good."
Liverpool fans call for deliverance from somebody, the Owners;
- "NESV are you listening to what the fans think? or as to what is being said? or written about this great club that this current manager is turning in to a laughing stock. If you allow him to continue, it will be to late. No Champions league place. Players wanting away. Then what?"
One Liverpool fan is certain about a few things that Owners Of Liverpool Football Club are doing, but is still left wondering about others;
- "Well I think it has been proven without any doubt that NESV do not read or listen to the fans forums. If they did they would surely know that no liverpool fan wants Roy as manager. But whats even more worrying is that they mustn't watch the games either. Roy is inept as a tactician and clearly must go with his defeatism tactics.
So if NESV don't watch or listen....what exactly are they doing?"
So what is the plan? What are NESV hatching behind closed doors? As one fan has speculated;
- "I'll say it again Henry & Co are TOO quiet for me, why don't they come out and lay their cards on the table where do they see the need for change surely they would want to protect their investment, Henry said Kenny needs to take a more prominent role in the club then surely Kenny needs to take control of football matters before we rooted at the bottom because thats where we will end up at this rate, I was told a couple of months ago that John Henry and Co where only babysitters and that someone in the middle east would take over, I took that with a pinch of salt, but now I'm starting to wonder, the fans need some assurances from Henry & Co of their intentions because at the moment we don't have a clue and the ship is sinking FAST Hodgson must go and Kenny should stabilise the ship at once."