Written by David Swinstead
Print this
Topics: Olympics, Overdose

Monday, 11 February 2002

image for Olympic Hero in Overdose Worry

Beloved British olympic boxer Audley Harrison has been hospitalised today. Harrison was found in his hotel room early today, reportedly having taken of an overdose of popular energy drink Lucozade sport.

Though doctors have not yet released an official statement, it is thought that the overdose of the drink caused Harrison to enter an extremely hyperactive state, in which he accidentally ran very fast into one of the walls of his hotel room.

Harrison, achieved his lifelong dream of winning an Olympic gold medal in 2000.

Since the incident news has been flooding in from parents across the country reporting similar incidents with their children and the dangerous drink, leading campaigners and lobbyists the world over to call for an immediate investigation into the drink.

Make David Swinstead's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

More by this writer

View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story

Related Stories...


Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!


What's 2 plus 1?

2 8 18 3
52 readers are online right now!

Go to top

We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more