Written by NODDY
Print this
Topics: Research, Colors

Thursday, 22 January 2009

image for Scientists in new colour discovery

Scientists at the prestigious University of York say that they have discovered a new colour. Although normally outside the human range, like infra-red, the new colour can be viewed with special glasses.

Describing the find as "momentous", Vice-Chancellor Lord Kirkudbrightshire said the new colour was a cross between blue and red "but with phosphorescent yellowy-purple overtones", and said that he had ordered a jacket to be made in the new colour.

As yet un-named, the new colour is the first to be discovered for over 50 years. Testing on gibbons at the University has showed a rise in satisfaction by as much as 20% after exposure to the colour, and a feeling of smugness in the other 80%.

Make NODDY's day - give this story five thumbs-up (there's no need to register, the thumbs are just down there!)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Do you dream of being a comedy news writer? Click here to be a writer!

More by this writer

View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story


Mailing List

Get Spoof News in your email inbox!


What's 1 multiplied by 4?

9 4 24 12
35 readers are online right now!

Go to top

We use cookies to give you the best experience, this includes cookies from third party websites and advertisers.

Continue ? Find out more