"I am very sad to tell you that I've just been fired over the phone by Yahoo's chairman of the board," said Carol Bartz in her final email to her employees as CEO of Yahoo.
A memorable moment indeed.
But what of her other memorable moments as Commander-in-Chief of the company? Here are the top 10:
1. Instituted "Chili Day" in the company cafeteria.
2. Learned how to land the corporate jet.
3. Reorganized the company's sales force to eliminate commissions (by eliminating sales).
4. Introduced the phrase "f**ked me over" to the corporate vocabulary.
5. Had new drapes installed in her office. Yahoo!
6. Mistook Hurricane Irene for Yahoo's cloud computing model.
7. Changed the company's logo colors to a striking shade of puce.
8. Decided not to donate any of her $10 million severance package to charity.
9. Tried to sell Yahoo! on eBay.
10. Gave up on dating after realizing that no one wanted to "f**k me over."