Written by walter
Rating:

Share/Bookmark
Print this

Saturday, 13 August 2011

Uncertainties, whether measurable or unmeasurable, are integral parts of all fields of knowledge. Measurable uncertainties can be dealt with under risk management, but it is the unmeasurable uncertainties that cannot be resolved. Of course, new technologies have contributed a lot to the reduction of uncertainties.

At any rate, the unmeasurable uncertainties have ever since played havoc in man's life, particularly at crises such as birth, death etc. From the very beginning, man's bafflement over unpredictable uncertainties extensively captured his imagination, and, at the end of the day, he was convinced that there must be some sort of supernatural entity playing cat and mouse with him.

He has had reason to believe so. When an inexplicable event is dreadful, man is inclined to believe he has fallen from grace. On the other hand, if things turn favorable, he feels the deity has raised him to the level of the chosen. Consequently, man calls these event Miracles or Calamities, revolving around the following saying: One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Man, is a no good entity; his body and minds are full of flaws. Dr. Robert Hare, born in Calgary, Alberta in 1934, estimates that 1 percent of the population suffers from psychopathic disorder. Now, would you buy and drive a car with a faulty break system? But the supernatural entity is busy reproducing this product, without providing a customer service. As to the 1% psychopaths, at one end of the spectrum, we do need to be concerned about the remaining 99%.

For instance, how do I know my girlfriend or boyfriend is mentally safe? How do I know my teachers, classmates, colleagues etc are not mental? What about the horde of religious figures who unabashedly act to be in constant contact with God, ordering him what to do or what not to do? What about those sick people who enjoy getting mutilated by exploding themselves in veggie markets? Can you see the extent of the unmeasurable uncertainties? Among these lunatics, one group that hurts most is the gang of imposters who call themselves spiritual leader of the society. Look at their anachronistic attire. Why do they wear like that?

Now, let's take a closer look at one out of thousands of instances where these psychopaths regularly have fleeced people, claiming to be able to give people of drought areas plenty of rain. Well, today we know for sure that the injection of silver iodide, a yellow stuff, into the air can seed the clouds and cause rain. (to be continued)

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

If you fancy trying your hand at comedy spoof news writing, click here to join!
Print this

More by this writer

View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story
View Story

Share/Bookmark

106 readers are online right now!

Go to top