Faced with declining ratings and stronger competition, the Late Show with David Letterman has traded away its popular "Top 10 List" feature to Jay Leno in exchange for Leno's "Jay Walking" segment.
Neither Letterman or Leno would comment on switching their signature comedy concepts. But a Late Show producer revealed 10 reasons why the trade was made:
10. Our audiences will get a kick out of us changing the name of Jay's bit to "Dave Walking."
9. David will kill with his great imitation of Leno's squeaky voice.
8. We're fresh out of "Top 10" ideas.
7. Dave needs to get out more.
6. Is no number 6. Please see number 8.
5. Les Moonves gave us a choice: "Trade the 'Top 10' or hire my wife as guest host."
4. Do you realize how hard it is to think up crap for these things?
3. We don't want to wind up on the Oprah Network.
2. We tried to interest Jay in "Stupid Pet Tricks," but he didn't get the concept.
1. Letterman hasn't been funny since he got caught with his hand down his assistant's panties.