- Can easily compare an idea's good and bad points
- Easy to understand and manage
- Makes short, punchy subheadings
- Uses a lot of brain power to work out
- Bias may occur if only one person is writing it
- Results may be inaccurate
- No-one knows what pro and con stand for
- No control group
Overall the cons outweigh the pros for pros and cons. However, there is no alternative method for doing whatever pros and cons do, so we're stuck with it.
Still, there's always debating about stuff... oh hand on. That uses pros and cons too... oh damn it.