The United States Commission on State License Plate Slogan Approval has just released a list of ten states who have been granted permission to use brand new vehicle license plate slogans for 2011.
States on the average change their license plate slogans about once every four years except for Arizona and Alaska.
Arizona has kept their license plate slogan "Dammit - It's Hot!" for the past 27 years.
And Alaska has used their slogan "Wow! Is It Friggin Cold Or What?" ever since 1962.
Ten Brand New State License Plate Slogans For 2011
- Nevada - Bring Lots and Lots of Money
- Michigan - Just Ignore Detroit Please
- North Dakota - Don't Touch Nothing With Your Tongue
- Louisiana - Okay Y'all, The Effen Tar Balls Are All Effen Gone
- Virginia - The Second-Hand Smoke Rumors Ain't True (Honest)
- Iowa - Where Corn Is Kinda Like Sex
- Arkansas - We'll Thank Ya Kindly To Ignore The Kissing Cousin Rumors
- Rhode Island - Think of Us As A 'Big Brooklyn'
- Florida - Pet The Gators At Your Own Risk, Ya Hear?
- California - Earthquakes, Wildfires, Smog, Mudslides, Lohan, Sheen, and Hilton...We Do Apologize
Honorable mention goes to Idaho's new license plate slogan - "You say Potato, I Say Potato."