In Wales, you'll need about 15 words to get by. Many are slang. Here's just a few you can use to successfully blend in. Why not buy a Welsh flag and a T-shirt with Cymru imprinted on it?
1) Poppity ping: use this one at McDonalds if your sandwich ever gets cold. Slang for microwave
"Can I put the sandwich in the poppity ping?"
2) Boyo: Use this one if you want to express feelings of immense brotherliness, or if you're ordering a cross of bovril and mayo.
Alright boyo, how's it going?
OR: Can I have boyo with that please?
3) Cwtch: Use this one if you meet an attractive member of the opposite/same sex/species to receive a vicious bear hug.
Do you fancy a cwtch tonight darling?
4) Tidy: Used to describe a person of immense beauty. Never applicable to Miley Cyrus.
Did you see the new weather girl? She was so tidy, I want a cwtch with her.
5) Blwdi Brilliant: Used sarcastically to describe the football team; quality of food or the weather. Must be said in a strong welsh accent. Pronounciation note: Blue-dee Buh-real-ee-unt
The Welsh football team is blwdi brilliant
Now attempt to use all five in a sentence and you should expertly blend in.
Normal convo: She was nice.
That girl was so tidy wasn't she boyo? I'd want a cwtch with her near the poppity-ping. Blwdi brilliant isnit?
Why not give it a go? Try using one of these on the phone to your friends and become the coolest guy in town. Isnit.