Spoof writer, Lady Godiva,recently told some of her Spoof writing friends that she is intending to apply for God's job, even though she doesn't believe he exists.
She gave a number of reasons for this unusual move:
1. Everyone knows who you are even if you don't exist
2. You don't have to dress for work
3. You can get away with anything because even though people believe in you they always have an excuse as to why you didn't come through for them in a crisis
4. If their prayers are not answered they say things like: 'Well, he will answer my prayers eventually, but when he does it might not be the answer I want but - as a believer I have to 'accept' that.
5. He gets ALL of the praise when everything is going well
6. The Devil gets the blame when things go wrong
Lady Godiva is looking to her fellow writers for 'references' for the job. She hasn't seen it advertised yet but is reported to have said,
"Hell's bells! I couldn't make a worse cock-up of this world than HE appears to have made".
More about Lady Godiva's application as we get it.
P.S. Does anyone know where she should send her application? If so, please send the address to her c/o The Spoof Offices